Strawberry Trio

Mississippi NeedleArts had a workshop with Barbara Jackson yesterday, and it was great. Cynthia and Rissa were also at the workshop, along with three of our other chapter members. Barbara Jackson is a very good teacher, and a delightful lady. I enjoyed meeting her and getting to chat with her as we stitched.

What I found most fascinating is that the yarns we used to stitch the project are her own. She uses a chemist in England to dye her yarns, and the colors are beautiful. The wool she uses is very nice also. I like her crewel wool much better than Appletons. Appletons shreds so easily as you are stitching with it that it can be extremely aggravating to stitch with. Not Heathway crewel wools! They stitch like a dream. I will definitely be using them for my future projects.

Here is a picture of my Strawberry Trio. What a great class! I'm looking forward to Share A Stitch seminar in June, when I will be taking another class with Barbara.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really got a lot done, Lisa! And you should know that your skill level was noticed and mentioned to me over lunch. Your diligence despite the frustration last year are paying off in even more beautiful stitching.

Lisa Dunn said...

Thank you very much! :o) I really do love crewel embroidery.